Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Total Eclipse of the AWESOME

Hey, there, Internets. How are you? I'm cool. Thanks for not asking me because you can't talk. I haven't posted for a bit. It's not you, Hon, it's me. I've been busy lately. I know. I missed your depressing lack of comments on my numerous blog posts, too. Hugs.

Now, down to business.



So which is better? I personally have a soft spot for the Thai Susan Boyle equivalent, Lin Yu Chun, and the shirt-rippin' outer space love machine that is an elderly Captain James T. Kirk. But then there's Glee (which is basically my new religion). It is a moral dilemma of epic proportions. Kitch versus the man who has earned a much coveted place in my Pantheon of Marriable Albeit Fictional Men (PMAFM), Finn Hudson/Cory Moteith? I may have to perform Japanese ritual suicide over this one. My life is but a drop in the forever flowing rivers of prime time pop culture shenanigans.

Although this video gets an honorable mention:


I have no idea what Only Men Aloud is (I very much hope that it is not some kind of cult with a charismatic lego-fetishist leader, presumably in a greasy wifebeater and possibly named Phil) but it sounds pretty darn BA if you ask me. Please. Please ask me.

Ahhhh, but back to pop culture. I love me some pop culture. If pop culture were a man, he would most definitely be dreamy. I would scribble his name on my notebook. Mrs. Steffi Pop Culture. I scour the interwebs in the hope of finding hilariously horrible little tidbits like the W-Shat video above. Those are what I live for. I wish I could frame that video and hang it over my mantle piece. I am quite proud. I can only pray that I will soon find something on that level of magnificent gaggyness.

I quiver with humbleness at his glorious feet.

Like, for instance, I got a hold of a free Justin Bieber poster the other day and I was all psyched out. But everyone I showed it to with the rapt excitement of a giggling child gave me a look of pure and utter disgust. Don’t they understand that, because of his awkward feminine man-child sexiness, the Biebs is so gross that he’s cool? For GOD’s sake, what is this world coming to when you can’t be free to ironically like lame things without fear of persecution? THIS IS AMERICA, DARNIT.

USA! USA!


Yes. Now my life is complete, too.

~Steffi

No comments:

Post a Comment